YTE 012: Why you have to be about the relationship and not the sale – your reputation depends on it with Paula Creed-Smith
In this episode we talked about:
- Going from social work to being a concierge's to being a stay at home mom entrepreneur
- How and why you need to do your research before going into business
- Reputations and how bad news travels fast
- Being about the relationships, not the sales
- Social media and the legwork behind it
- How to use Facebook and Instagram and why you use them differently
- Software we use in business
- Accounting frustrations
- This episode even had me taking notes
- "Exciting time to be a business owner"
- "I had to make my home my priority"
- "I want him to feel like it's Christmas every month"
- "You can't just unplug completely"
- "You still own your time"
- "Bad news travels really really fast"
- "Focus on relationship building"
- "Entrepreneurship came out of being a stay at home mom"
- "I never worked so hard in my life are free"
- "A good Post-it never goes out of style"
Guests Favorite quote
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
- G Suite (affiliate link)
- EverLance mileage app
- Dubsado (affiliate link)
- QuickBooks (affiliate link)
Connect with Paula at https://cehfloragiftco.wixsite.com/cfgc
Questions I ask prior to meeting
Business/Brand/Blog name:: Ceh~Flora Gift Co.
Who are you/what role do you play in your business?: I am the ownerTell me a little bit about yourself:
Tell me a little bit about yourself:
Hello stated above, my name is Paula Creed-Smith. I am the owner of Ceh~Flora Gift Co., a gift box service located in Brevard County Fla. Ceh~Flora is unique as a gift service by virtue of the way it functions. I offer curated boxes, which are selected from a menu that I created, custom boxes, as specified by the client and coming soon, a subscription box. I started Ceh~Flora after taking a sabbatical from my other business as a personal concierge. I had to step back from that business due to a family illness. I am a former foster child and that inspired me to get involved in social work. After almost a decade of that, I became a wife and then a mother to 2 beautiful girls. I am profoundly driven by my faith and my family. I sheepishly admit I may have a slight addiction to rum raisin ice cream and coffee.
I started Ceh~Flora after taking a sabbatical from my other business as a personal concierge. I had to step back from that business due to a family illness. I am a former foster child and that inspired me to get involved in social work. After almost a decade of that, I became a wife and then a mother to 2 beautiful girls. I am profoundly driven by my faith and my family. I sheepishly admit I may have a slight addiction to rum raisin ice cream and coffee.
What are the 2 biggest challenges you have with entrepreneurship:
1. Self-financing is always hard, but I love that I maintain full control because I did it myself
2. Building an awareness of my new brand
We are at the local coffee shop down the street and I'm about to leave. Tell me 3 things you want me to walk away with from our meeting.:
1. Nothing, including myself, can stop me
2. I am constantly learning, it's the nerd in me
3. Once we become friends, I'll love you forever
Favorite drink: Coffee
Name a place you would like to be at right now for this interview (we won't actually be there, but it's always nice to pretend right?): Jamaica Ave Queens NY